Tamilnadu Free Dhoti and Saree Scheme : The Tamil Nadu government has announced a free dhoti and saree scheme for the Pongal Festival. As you know Thai Pongal is a harvest festival dedicated to Surya Dev in the state of Tamil Nadu. Under the Tamil nadu Free Dhoti & Saree Scheme, dhoti and saree will be given to the original residents of the state. The Pongal Festival Gift scheme will also benefit poor people and handloom weavers making these dhoti and sarees. The scheme will benefit more than 1.8 crore under-privileged people. In this article, we will tell you about the free dhoti and saree scheme in English in detail, so definitely read this article till the end.
What is Tamilnadu Free Dhoti and Saree Scheme 2023
The Tamil Nadu State Government has launched free sari and dhoti scheme. Sarees and dhotis are to be distributed free of cost to the residents of the state through this Tamilnadu Free Dhoti and Saree Scheme. Polycoat sarees will be distributed in the scheme. The Thai Pongal festival is celebrated for 4 days according to the Tamil calendar and is usually celebrated by people from 14 January to 17 January. The residents will distribute dhotis and sarees to the people as a gift for the Pongal festival. Pongal Festival Gift For TN Resident at pongalsareedhoti.tn.gov.in
Pongal Gift Scheme has also been started with Rs. 2,500 more Pongal kits will be distributed.
Tamilnadu Free Dhoti and Saree Scheme Highlight
|Scheme name||Tamilnadu Free Dhoti and Saree Scheme|
|Organised by||Revenue Department|
|Scheme type||state scheme (Tamil Nadu)|
|Launched by||CM of Tamilnadu Government|
|Object||Priceless Saree and Dhoti Distribution for citizens of tamilnadu|
|Benefits||To get Priceless Saree and Dhoti|
TN Pongal gift scheme
|Material||no. of material|
Features of T N Priceless Saree and Dhoti Distribution Scheme
- The Chief Minister started the free dhoti and saree scheme in Tamil Nadu at the secretariat on 21 December 2020.
- The scheme start in the year 2003 with the objective of distribution of polycotton sarees and dhotis.
- Subsequently for Pongal 2005, the government had put forward the scheme of free distribution of sarees and dhotis to all the people.
- During the year 2012, the scheme for distribution of free dhoti and sari was renamed Anmol Sari and Dhoti Yojana.
- A scheme was introduced to provide precious saris and dhotis to benefit the poor and to provide high employment opportunities in handloom, powerloom sector and to bring about a renaissance.
- The main objective of this scheme is to help the poor and economically weaker people of the society.
- The TN Free Dhoti and Sari Distribution Scheme provides employment opportunities to poor people in the textile and handloom industry.
- This scheme is very helpful in improving the condition of handloom weavers and raising their standard of living as a state government.
- The state government is going to distribute free dhoti and sari scheme to dhoti and saree of about 1.8 crore from Pongal in Tamil Nadu to the beneficiaries.
- The state government will spend about 484.25 crore in this Tamilnadu Free Dhoti and Saree Scheme.
Benefits of Priceless Saree and Dhoti Distribution Scheme
- The government has started this Tamilnadu Free Dhoti and Saree Scheme with an aim to benefit the poor.
- The handloom is also very good for providing higher employment opportunities in the powerloom sector and bringing about a renaissance.
- The poor will be provided with excellent good quality precious saris and dhotis.
- In this scheme Polycotton sarees distributed.
- Pongal gift is giving to the citizens of the state by the government.
Authorized Users Login Process
- First of all, go to the official website of tamilnadu Priceless Saree & Dhoti Distributions Scheme.
- After this , home of this website will be open like this.
- Now Fill up your user Id and Password.
- Inter the capcha code and click on Login option.
- This type you can login as Authorized Users.